Update: 29 May 2020
We recently interviewed some of our students' parents to get their view on the current COVID-19 circuit breaker, how they're coping, and what they think of our Home-Based Lessons. Full interview videos can be viewed at our facebook page
UPDATE: 28 MAY 2020
UPDATE: 23 May 2020
Thanks everyone for supporting our Home Base Learning (HBL). We now have more than150 students resuming lessons online during this Circuit Breaker Period. We apologize if some of you are not able to join us online. Especially for you, we will be launching our special HBL CODERS programs starting very soon. Active students with enough paid-up lessons can use them to redeem for these programs. Brand new students can also sign up for these programs. Click here for more details
If you'd like to know if you have enough paid up lessons to redeem, please call/message us at 8588 0583 (Jurong) or 8588 0602 (Marine Parade) or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Safe. Stay United. SGUNITED.
Jim Lee and the team at The Brainery Code
UPDATE ( 11 March 2020)
Thank you for submitting travel declarations back in February 2020 (which included your planned travels during March holidays). If you have made new plans for March or any upcoming period in 2020 since the last travel declaration, please kindly submit a new travel declaration via:
The Brainery Code™ is taking precautionary measures to enhance the protection of our students and instructors in accordance with the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) and the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) advisories. We have also put in place an additional measure with extended closure of our centre.
Measures against the Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Infection:
1.Extended closure dates:
- Our centre will remain closed until 5th Feb 2020 (inclusive). Regular lessons will resume from 6th Feb (Thursday) onwards.
- During this extra closure period, lessons will be pushed out (i.e. not forfeited). (e.g. Python Term 1 will end one week later respectively).
- During this period, our staff will still be on site and answer email and phone calls should you need to get in touch with us.
2. Travel Declarations
- Students are required to declare any travel plans for the period from 1 Jan 2020 to 31 Mar 2020, by 2 Feb 2020 by completing the form available at:
- Student will not be allowed to join the class if the parents/guardians did not complete and submit this form by 2 Feb 2020. Please contact us if you require clarification on filling out the form. Update (As of 4 Feb 2020): 100% of Marine Parade and 100% of Jurong parents have completed the declaration. Thank you.
3. Leave of Absence (LOA) for Students Returning from Mainland China
- To enhance the protection of our students against the Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Infection, The Brainery Code™ is aligning with MOE on the implementation of Leave Of Absence (LOA) for students returning from mainland China from 14 Jan 2020 onwards.
- During this period of 14 days, lessons will be pushed out starting from the day after arrival in Singapore. Students are required to track their daily temperature for 14 days after return and seek medical attention promptly if unwell. Update (As of 4 Feb 2020): As an added measure, we have decided to adopt a 21-day LOA instead. We regret any inconvenience and sincerely hope impacted parents will work with us. Parents of students impacted by LOA will be notified by email/WatsApp and phone call no later than 5 Feb 2020.
4. Entry Restriction For School Premise
- Only staff and students will be allowed into the school premise for this period of time.
- Parents, if you are picking up/dropping off your child, kindly wait outside.
- Students will only be allowed to enter school premises at the time their class commences.
- To faciliate disinfection of our classroom, lessons will end 10 minutes earlier than usual.
- If you require to make payment, please come 10 minutes before class commences. (Do check with us if you'd like to make bank transfer instead)
- Fetch your child on time. (10 minutes before usual lesson end time)
5. Students coming for lessons (from 6 Feb 2020 onwards)
- Students who display fever (37.5 degree and higher) or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough or breathing difficulty) will not be allowed to attend the lesson. In this case, the lesson will be pushed out accordingly (with no forfeiture during this period)
If your child is unwell, please seek immediate medical attention and inform the doctor of travel history (if any) and ensure that they recover fully before they return for lessons.
Unwell students must also inform The Brainery Code™ via 8588 0583 (Jurong) 8588 0602 (Marine Parade) (Phone call, message or WhatsApp).
As your child’s safety is our priority, all students and instructors will as per usual go through our mandatory temperature screening and hand sanitized as part of our precaution measures before the start of the lesson.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and do more if necessary. Thank you for working with us. Let’s stay alert, stay calm, and stay united in our fight to contain the spread.
The team and management at THE BRAINERY CODE